The National Indigenous Radio Service is one of Australia’s leading and most diverse national contractors and employs more than 3000 people on a range of projects across Australia.
As First Nations Media company, NIRS is able to offer exciting opportunities in a variety of disciplines for journalist, producers, multiplatform reporters and graduates in the media and communications industry.
Our people are the core of our success and we depend of their performance to delivery high quality and consistent media and communication services to our First Nations community of listeners via multi-platform delivery mechanisms.
The success of our company depends on the quality of our employees, our service delivery and our commitment to the communities we serve.
NIRS aims to grow and develop our people in a challenging, supportive and fast-paced media and communication workplace, offering front line and varied opportunities top contribute to the health, welfare, wellbeing and prosperity of First Nations people across Australia.
You must be able to demonstrate knowledge, qualifications and skills at a developing or proficient level in the following:
1. Proven ability to create multimedia content, including presentation to air and update NIRs website in a contemporary manner with our First Nations Community focus.
2. Detailed understanding of the issues that affect the First Nations Communities at a local, regional and national level and the ability to quickly source content, grabs and research issues that affect First Nations communities in metropolitan, regional and remote regions.
3. Sound editorial skills including the ability to source and analyse information and exercise sound judgement.
4. Ability to use all software and hardware relevant to this role and have a working knowledge of popular social media platforms and an awareness of emerging technologies.
5. Proven ability to work effectively as an integral and positive member of a local, national and remote teams of NIRS and its contributors across Australia.
6. Demonstrated understanding of the spirit and intent of the NIRS Editorial Policies, workplace values and all policies and guidelines relevant to your position and employment - including Equity and Diversity and Work Health & Safety.